Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Once Upon a Time in An American Town...

...there was me.

Once described as ordinary, average (but with an equal little dash of eccentric and creative), I find myself, now, on the edge, teetering at the precipice of extreme dysfunction, an outcast, an abandoned and friendless pariah.
This will not be a sob story.
It will certainly not be fiction.
But there will be drama...

I once dreamed of writing fanciful novels, creating the life of my dreams, but finally found out what other , more experienced authors meant by the adage "Write what you know".
And you don't have to be at an ending to write the story of your life (those are called memoirs: this is not a memoir, either!): you have to be at a crossroads... a climax.

And I am certainly there, at the cliffhanger of my life.
I may make it through to a happy ending... I may not make it out of this point of flux at all.

We'll see...

Welcome to this lost, lonely, and poised-on-the-brink-of-disaster "caravan" (before the fires engulf it? before the landslide buries it? before the floods wash it away?)...

~ jipsi

No comments:

Post a Comment